Join us at the Governor’s mansion on Friday — tell Governor Herbert he needs to STOP his attacks on Utah wilderness and the environment!
Tomorrow Governor Herbert is hosting several western governors at the Governor’s mansion to convince them that they should follow Utah’s example and try to take over federal lands and sell them off for private development, roads, mines and oil and gas drilling.
If you care about Utah’s wild lands and are appalled by Governor Herbert’s ongoing attempts to undermine their protection – JOIN US!
When: Noon – tomorrow (Friday, April 27) as Governor Herbert hosts four western governors to tout his anti-environmental policies
Where: The Governor’s Mansion, 603 East South Temple
What: Protest Governor Herbert’s anti-environmental policies and bring a sign (we’ll have some for folks too)
Governor Herbert has declared war on Utah’s environment with multiple attacks including:
- threatening to take over 30 million acres of our public land
- pushing for destructive tar sands development
- suing the United States over 25,000 bogus road claims
- pushing new ski development in the Wasatch Mountains
- ignoring Salt Lake City’s air quality problems
- blocking new wilderness protection
- endorsing Rio Tinto’s mine expansion
- helping his friends put a coal mine next to Bryce Canyon National Park
Please join us tomorrow at noon and make your voice heard! You can RSVP by clicking here.