We’ve just learned that Rep. John Curtis is deciding how to weigh in on the Trump administration’s directive to allow off-road vehicles (including ATVs and UTVs) on all National Park Service roads in Utah. A decision on this wrongheaded directive could happen any day.
Rep. Curtis is in the thick of this discussion and needs to hear from you. Can you take just a few minutes to call Rep. Curtis’ office right now at 801-922-5400 and tell him:
- You live in Rep. Curtis’s district and frequently visit Utah’s national parks and monuments.
- You are alarmed by the proposal to allow street legal ORVs on park roads in Utah and strongly oppose this change.
- These machines are designed and intended to be driven off-road and will damage or destroy the plants, animals, cultural resources’ and visitor experience that makes these parks and monuments renowned throughout the world.
- If the National Park Service is going to consider making this change it must do so out in the open—using best available science and information and public review and comment.
- Thank him for listening to your concerns.
Click here to call Rep. Curtis at 801-922-5400.
Thank you for taking action.