Following President Trump’s unlawful attempt to repeal Grand Staircase-Escalante and Bears Ears National Monuments, the federal public lands and significant cultural, paleontological and wilderness resources in those monuments will be left exposed to oil, gas and coal leasing and development, as well as the location and development of new hard rock mining claims (e.g. uranium). The attached maps overlay the current monument boundaries, the significantly smaller monuments President Trump unlawfully designated, and mineral potential in both monuments.
- Coal Deposits in Grand Staircase-Escalante National Monument
- Oil & Gas Leases in Grand Staircase-Escalante National Monument
- Oil & Gas Development Potential in Bears Ears National Monument
- Uranium Development Potential in Bears Ears National Monument
- Oil & Gas Leasing Categories Post-Bears Ears National Monument
Contact: Stephen Bloch, 801-428-3981