- This event has passed.
Wilderness Stewards Training in Washington County
February 3, 2018 @ 9:00 am - February 4, 2018 @ 5:00 pm UTC-6
Join BLM Staff and the Southern Utah Wilderness Alliance for the inaugural Wilderness Stewards Training on Saturday, February 3rd and Sunday, February 4th in St. George, Utah.
Become a Wilderness Steward in Washington County and learn how you can work directly and locally to improve on the ground conditions and support the health of our public lands.
Over the course of a two-day training, BLM and SUWA staff will provide instruction and education in wilderness monitoring and public lands stewardship. Volunteers will learn:
– The location and extent of Washington County’s wilderness areas;
– How to locate and navigate wilderness boundaries using the latest digital software;
– Installing and maintaining wilderness boundary markers;
– Strategies for ‘reading the landscape’ for user impacts;
– Techniques for rehabilitating impacted landscapes;
– How to record and submit your field observations – and more!
Day 1 of the training will take place at the St. George BLM office on Riverside Drive. On Day 2, volunteers will travel into the field to practice what they’ve learned.
The Wilderness Stewards Training is co-hosted by the Southern Utah Wilderness Alliance’s Field Volunteer Program.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to register and learn more.