- This event has passed.
Notch Peak Service Project
March 17 - March 18
Join SUWA’s Field Volunteers in the West Desert this March!
We are headed to the Notch Peak Trailhead to manage motorized impacts into and along the Notch Peak Wilderness Study Area. In addition, we will travel to the Barn Hills to remove a camper left as waste on our public lands.
This Project is rated:
Level 2 – Our most common trip incorporates mid- to heavy-lifting, work in remote landscapes at varying elevations, an increased diversity of tool use, and an emphasis on physical fitness and hiking competency.
Workday Scope & Project Details
The workday is 8:00am to 4:00pm on Saturday and Sunday. Dinner on Saturday and breakfast on Sunday is provided. Lunches are Bring Your Own.
Work tasks will vary by need, and are slated to include:
- bolstering the Notch Peak Trailhead sign;
- stabilizing the Trailhead stone wall;
- motorized track rehabilitation;
- vertical mulching to define end of motorized travel area;
- campsite removal and trash clean-up;
- camper break down and trailer load-up
Registered volunteers will receive a complete itinerary. If you have additional questions prior to registering, please contact email@example.com