- This event has passed.
Cedar Mountain Wilderness Service Project
April 21, 2018 - April 22, 2018
Celebrate Earth Day 2018 on a two-day service project with SUWA’s Field Volunteers in the Cedar Mountains Wilderness this April.
We will work across the Cedar Mountain Wilderness managing the impacts of motorized travel and illegal camping.
This Project is rated:
Level 2 – Our most common trip incorporates mid- to heavy-lifting, work in remote landscapes at varying elevations, an increased diversity of tool use, and an emphasis on physical fitness and hiking competency.
Workday Scope & Project Details
The workday is 8:00am to 4:00pm on Saturday. For those able to join, we will continue our Mobile Monitoring of Wilderness Areas Sunday morning to mid-day. Dinner on Saturday and breakfast on Sunday is provided. Lunches are Bring Your Own.
Work tasks will vary by need, and are slated to include:
- rehabilitating hill climbs off of designated routes;
- motorized track rehabilitation;
- vertical mulching to define end of motorized travel area;
- campsite removal and trash clean-up;
- re-establishing broken or damage signage;
- building fencing to mark the end of motorized travel
Registered volunteers will receive a complete itinerary. If you have additional questions prior to registering, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org