President Obama has the power to protect Greater Canyonlands with the stroke of a pen — if we can convince him to do so. But so far, the Obama administration has continued to defend President Bush’s plans that leave this area open to rampant off-road vehicle abuse, proposed uranium and tar sand mining, and oil and gas development. Please take a moment to ask President Obama to show leadership and to protect Greater Canyonlands.
Take Action: Send a Message to President Obama Now
America’s Red Rock Wilderness Act seeks to serve the public interest by permanently protecting more than 9 million acres of wilderness-quality land in Utah. Many of these lands lie adjacent to some of our nation’s most beloved national parks and monuments, but enjoy little or no protection. You can help us build support for their protection by asking your members of Congress to support this visionary legislation.
Want to do more?
Your voice really does make a difference. Supporters and wilderness advocates like you play a critical role in the protection of Utah’s spectacular wild places.
Here’s how you can help:
- Sign up to receive our free email updates and action alerts.
- “Like” SUWA on Facebook and then suggest our page to your friends.
- Make a contribution to help protect wilderness in Utah.
- Volunteer for wilderness
- Join our state activist network
- Check out our Wild Utah traveling slideshow (and tell your friends)