Immediate Opening: Applications due August 6, 2021
The Southern Utah Wilderness Alliance (SUWA), Utah’s largest conservation organization, has an immediate opening for a full-time Membership Coordinator. The position is based in our Salt Lake City, UT office.
The Membership Coordinator is an entry-level position responsible for recruiting new members and maintaining the organization’s existing membership base. The Membership Coordinator reports to and is supervised by the Administrative Director. The ideal candidate has experience in either customer service or administrative work. Volunteer or professional experience at a nonprofit organization is preferred.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should send the following materials to Katherine Indermaur at firstname.lastname@example.org: a cover letter, resume, and 3 professional references.
Please direct questions to this email address as well. The deadline to submit an application is Friday, August 6, 2021.
- Prepare recipient lists and letter design for direct mail solicitation program in coordination with the Associate Director, Executive Director, and external list broker. Generate reports to help analyze results and evaluate the program’s success.
- Oversee the logistics behind mailings to existing members including renewal requests, fundraising solicitations, thank-you letters, reports, alerts, and more. Generate recipient lists from the donor database, and correspond with the mail house to coordinate successful mailings.
- Other membership acquisition and reporting assistance as needed.
- Member correspondence via email, phone, and mail.
- Manage and maintain the membership database in Raiser’s Edge and Raiser’s Edge NXT.
- Assist with fundraising and membership event planning and execution.
- Fulfill orders of SUWA merchandise from our online store or over the phone. Ship out merchandise for membership premiums.
- Assist the Associate Director with operational responsibilities and by providing feedback on development-related publications, reports, and other materials as needed.
- Demonstrated customer service skills.
- Time management skills with the ability to multitask.
- Detail-oriented approach.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel and Word.
- Familiarity with design software such as Canva, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Illustrator, or QuarkxPress a plus.
Familiarity with CRM platforms and/or donor management software such as Salesforce, Blackbaud/Raiser’s Edge, DonorPerfect, or similar is desirable but not required.
Familiarity with CMS platforms such as WordPress, Blackbaud/Luminate Online, or similar is desirable but not required.
Interest in the environmental and conservation movement is desirable but not required.
Education, Experience, and Salary
Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree, or relevant experience in lieu of degree.
Starting salary is $40,000, adjusted DOE. SUWA provides vacation, holiday and sick leave; health insurance; retirement benefits; and disability. Relocation reimbursement provided.
Location and Start Date
The Membership Coordinator is based in SUWA’s Salt Lake City, UT office.
Start date: September 7, 2021 or as soon as possible.
SUWA is committed to workplace diversity and inclusion. SUWA is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
SUWA is a non-profit organization dedicated to the preservation of the outstanding wilderness at the heart of the Colorado Plateau, and the management of these lands in their natural state for the benefit of all Americans. SUWA promotes local and national recognition of the region’s unique character through research and public education; supports both administrative and legislative initiatives to permanently protect Colorado Plateau wild places within the National Park and National Wilderness Preservation Systems, or by other protective designations where appropriate; builds support for such initiatives on both the local and national level; and provides leadership within the conservation movement through uncompromising advocacy for wilderness preservation.